- Post Date:15th October 2020
- Views 917
Post Title: Dietitian
Department: Campaigns, Policy and Research Department
Responsible to: Senior Dietitian
Supervisory responsibility: None
Date of Issue: October 2020
Main Purpose of Job:
The Dietitian will help deliver the charity’s nutrition service, working closely with the Senior Dietitian. The main aim of this service is to provide reliable information about vegan health and nutrition to the general public, the vegan community, caterers and health and nutrition professionals. The Dietitian will also support our campaigns and policy work by providing evidence-based content about vegan diets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Information and support
- Researching the evidence base around various health and nutrition topics
- Responding to health and nutrition enquiries via email, letter or telephone
- Developing and reviewing mainly online health and nutrition resources
- Working with our Vegan Rights Advocate to help address issues relating to health and nutrition
Media and outreach work
- Acting as a media spokesperson for veganism with a focus on nutrition, including participating in interviews, providing quotes and writing articles
- Event outreach, public speaking, teaching and training about veganism and vegan diets
Internal and external collaboration
- Supporting the Campaigns, Policy and Research Department to develop health-related policies and campaigns that support transitions to vegan diets
- Supporting the Communications and Business Development Departments with other work relating to health and nutrition
- Participating in relevant external projects, supporting other professionals and services
- Attending health, nutrition and catering events and networking with other professionals
- Supervising nutrition volunteers and dietetic students
- Proactively seeking opportunities to raise the profile of healthful vegan living
The Vegan Society is committed to supporting staff development, including the continuing professional development required for Health and Care Professionals Council registration.
The following duties are ones which all staff are required to perform:
- Observe health and safety procedures and work safely at all times
- Contributing to wider organisational development and communications
- To be responsible for your own continuing self-development, undertaking training as appropriate to the working environment and location, and developments in your role
- Undertake any other duties as required by your manager in order to meet the changing needs and demands of The Vegan Society
- Positively and actively promote The Vegan Society and its values
- Conduct yourself with professionalism, tact and diplomacy at all times as a representative of The Vegan Society
This job description is provided to assist the post holder to know their principal duties. It may be amended in consultation with the holder without change to the level of responsibility or remuneration appropriate to the post. The job description is not exhaustive, and you may be asked to carry out additional tasks which are appropriate to your job role, as required by your line manager.
During the course of your employment, The Vegan Society is required to tell you about the personal data that we collect about you and what we do with that information, including how we use, store, transfer and secure your personal data. You shall at all times comply with all relevant data protection legislation and all obligations imposed on you under The Vegan Society’s data protection policy and privacy notice from time to time in force.
It is a condition of your employment that, as far as is possible and practicable, you adhere to a vegan diet and lifestyle.