- Post Date:25th July 2022
- Apply Before: 25th August 2022
- Views 109
- Greater Manchester – The Christie Private Care
- Full time
Job – Specialist Dietitian
Location – The Christie Private Care Part of HCA Healthcare, Manchester M20 4BX
Contract Type – Permanent, full time hours 37.5hrs
Salary – Competitive (dependent on skills & experience). This position is equivalent to a band 6 NHS.
Other Info – please note we can offer VISA sponsorships for those within the EU and outside the EU.
As a Specialist Dietitian you will:
- Ensure a dietetic service of the highest quality is provided, to meet the requirements of all service users.
- Assist the Clinical Lead and Service Manager to strategically plan, develop and promote the nutrition and dietetic service.
- Provide expert assessment, management and education for patients requiring specialist dietetic and nutrition intervention by using evidence-based practice and conforming to best practice guidelines.
- To assist in research and development by initiating, planning, supporting and undertaking clinical audits/research projects to evaluate and develop the specialist dietetic service and produce evidence based resources, policies and guidelines.
- To provide education and training to student dietitians and other healthcare professionals (AHPs) to facilitate continuous learning and development.
Please note we will close this role early if suitable number of applications are received.
Reward & recognition – We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Principal duties and requirements
- To provide specialist nutrition advice to patients, their carers and HCPs through formulation of treatment and education plans and prescription of nutrition support. This involves the collection and interpretation of anthropometry, requesting and interpretation of biochemistry, consideration of the financial implications and distress to the patient, their clinical profile and individual dietary information.
- To routinely lead in research and development by initiating, planning and undertaking clinical audits/research projects to evaluate and develop the specialist dietetic service and produce evidence-based resources, policies and guidelines.
- Close liaison with the catering department and tasks to support the operation and functions of the catering system. Continually aim to improve communications and relationships with the catering department.
- Degree in Nutrition and Dietetics or equivalent and registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Experience in the specialist area of dietetics preferably oncology or GI related.
- Experience in both enteral and parenteral nutrition is essential.
- Registered with the British Dietetic Association (BDA)
The Christie Private Care
HCA Healthcare UK has developed a dedicated private centre in partnership with The Christie NHS Foundation Trust in Manchester. The Christie Private Care treats private patients with a full range of diagnostic, inpatient, surgical, day care and outpatient treatment all on one site.
The Christie is an impressive and well-respected NHS Trust which is a European cancer centre providing advanced cancer care and housing the world’s largest early clinical trials unit. The Christie Private Care builds on these services and provides state-of-the-art private patient facilities which include; 28 bedded inpatient Oncology wards, 6 bed Haematology and Transplant unit, Day Case Chemotherapy Unit, Outpatient Department, Specialised Radiotherapy Unit & Psychology services.