- Post Date:6th August 2019
- Views 115
- Offered Salary £30,000 +Salary £32,000 - £42,118 and will be dependent upon skills and experience
Facility: The Wellington Hospital
About the facility
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private hospital group; providing award winning acute and complex care.
The Wellington Hospital has over four decades of expertise; providing the highest level of care for patients who are looking for the best treatment in key areas of healthcare, including: neurosurgery, spinal surgery, cardiac care, orthopaedics, acute neurological rehabilitation, gynaecology and cancer care.
In our 50-bed Acute Neurological Rehabilitation Unit we care for patients with a wide range of complex neurological conditions. And we’re supported by the UK’s largest private intensive care unit. We also offer the latest cancer and robotic surgery treatments, including electrochemotherapy, HIPEC and the da Vinci Robot. Having the largest neurosciences unit in London means we’re able to carry out advanced spinal surgery, intracranial and peripheral nerve surgery as well as pioneering neurosurgery.
As a Specialist Dietician at the Wellington Hospital you will provide evidence based Dietetic assessment and intervention to inpatients in clinical areas including but not limited to ITU, Cardiology, General medicine. You will be required to assist in setting up our cardiology outpatient service and participate in the development and implementation of service improvement within their clinical area.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week – include shifts details
The attractive and competitive salary for this role is between £32,000 – £42,118 and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
Reward & recognition – We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide an efficient and effective clinical nutrition and dietetic service for inpatients and outpatients
- Liaise with Consultants, Nursing, Catering, Pharmacy and Speech Therapy and other key health professionals with respect to provision of appropriate nutritional care for patients, including discharge planning.
- Liaise with the Catering Department regarding the provision of meals for in-patients, menu development and to monitor the quality and standards of diets provided and served.
- Actively participate in monitoring clinical effectiveness through data collection, clinical audits and quality improvement activities.
- Liaise and educate Medical, Nursing, Catering and Health Care Professionals on the nutritional care of patients and the role of nutrition and disease management.
- Maintain accurate patient records and documentation and maintain statistics required to comply with Hospital and departmental standards, including billing and activity information.
- Participate in the promotion and development of the Dietetic Service and undertaking any other duties requested by Senior Specialist Dietitian / Lead Dietitian
Skills and Experience
- HCPC Registration and/or BDA
- Degree or Diploma in Dietetics
- Experience working within relevant clinical areas including but not limited to Intensive Care, TPN, Cardiology, General medicine
About the Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate leadership and influence others to be the best they can be and inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.