- Post Date:15th July 2022
- Apply Before: 12th August 2022
- Views 216
- Offered Salary £15,000 +Career Level Mid-LevelSalary £16,010 per annum (£35,721 FTE)
Specialist Dietitian (Band 6)
Hours: 16 hours (2 days per week)
We are looking for a Dietitian to join the MDT at Cygnet Hospital Beckton.
Cygnet Hospital Beckton is a smoke-free hospital for women with complex mental health needs. We accept emergency and planned, pre-assessed admissions. We provide a multi-disciplinary approach, to help service users return home as quickly as possible.
Situated in the East End of London, the hospital has four different specialist wards including mental health with learning disability, personality disorder and PICU.
Our aim is to support individual service user recovery and integration back into the community, as quickly as possible. We have a multi-disciplinary team of specialists and offer a very broad
What we want from you?
The Dietetic work will vary between a direct caseload, unit-based clinics and possibly group work. The clinical work would include delivering nutrition support, weight management and a food first approach. The post holder will provide a full Dietetic assessment of a clients’ needs, resulting in an individualised dietetic plan for clients and work in close collaboration with the catering team, Speech and Language Team and wider multi-disciplinary team to provide specialist advice on feeding regimes.
Candidates should be a Registered Dietitian, preferably with some experience of working in a mental health setting, with excellent communication and IT skills. A working knowledge of behaviour change and motivational interviewing would be desirable.
We have a robust clinical supervision structure and you would have opportunities to receive formal and informal training. You will receive regular clinical supervision, with a strong emphasis placed on Continued Professional Development.
We are looking for a Specialist Dietitian with:
- A degree / postgraduate diploma (or equivalent) in Dietetics, registration with HCPC (Health Care Professions Council) and membership of the BDA (British Dietetic Association)
- Experience in the field of mental health evidenced by sound clinical knowledge
- Experience of working in inpatient/acute settings would also be beneficial
- Excellent communication / time management skills
- Enthusiasm, motivation and passion
Will there be other dietitians?
This post is part of a wider national dietetics team at Cygnet. Members of the team provide services to individuals with eating disorders, learning disabilities, brain injury and mental health inpatient services. Everyone has a dedicated on-site line manager for day-to-day support and an additional tier of professional and clinical support from a highly specialist Dietitian. We also have a team of 50 Speech and Language Therapists who work closely with our Dietitians for dysphagia management.
What else is on offer?
In return for your commitment and dedication we offer:
- Excellent Clinical Supervision, CPD and developmental opportunities for clinical and non-clinical duties
- Full support from an onsite multidisciplinary team
- Appraisal and supervision with other Dietitians
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Free meals on duty
- Employee rewards and discount benefits scheme including NHS discounts and cycle to work scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit, providing fitness programmes, nutrition consultation and health checks
- Full induction training
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
How to Apply
Are you ready for a new and rewarding opportunity?
To apply, please email your CV directly to CeliaJarvis@cygnethealth.co.uk
To find out more about us please visit www.cygnethealth.co.uk
Please note, if sufficient applicants are received this advert may close prior to the date shown above.
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.