- Post Date:14th August 2019
- Apply Before: 31st August 2019
- Views 86
- Salary £30,000 – £36,946 dependent upon skills and experience
Location: North West
Facility: The Christie Clinic
Closing Date: 31/08/2019
About the facility
HCA Healthcare UK has developed a dedicated private centre in partnership with The Christie NHS Foundation Trust in Manchester. The Christie Private Care treats private patients with a full range of diagnostic, inpatient, surgical, day care and outpatient treatment all on one site.
The Christie is an impressive and well-respected NHS Trust which is a European cancer centre providing advanced cancer care and housing the world’s largest early clinical trials unit. The Christie Private Care builds on these services and provides state-of-the-art private patient facilities which include a 28 bedded inpatient Oncology wards, a 6 bed Haematology and Transplant unit, Day Case Chemotherapy Unit, Outpatient Department, Specialised Radiotherapy Unit & Psychology services.
As a Senior Specialist Dietician you will ensure the delivery of a dietetic service of the highest quality is provided, to meet the requirements of all service users; whilst assisting the Clinical Lead and Service Manager to strategically plan, develop and promote the nutrition and dietetic service.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week
The salary for the vacancy is between £30,000 – £36,946 dependent upon skills and experience.
Reward & recognition – We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Please note we will close this role early if a suitable number of applications are received
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide specialist nutrition advice to patients, their carers and HCPs through formulation of treatment and education plans and prescription of nutrition support. This involves the collection and interpretation of anthropometry, requesting and interpretation of biochemistry, consideration of the financial implications and distress to the patient, their clinical profile and individual dietary information.
- Routinely lead in research and development by initiating, planning and undertaking clinical audits/research projects to evaluate and develop the specialist dietetic service and produce evidence-based resources, policies and guidelines.
- Close liaison with the catering department and tasks to support the operation and functions of the catering system. Continually aim to improve communications and relationships with the catering department.
- Provide education and training to student dietitians and other healthcare professionals (AHPs) to facilitate continuous learning and development.
Skills and Experience
- Degree in Nutrition and Dietetics or equivalent and registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Experience in the specialist area of dietetics, preferably Oncology or GI related, including Parenteral nutrition
- Registered with the British Dietetic Association (BDA)
About the Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.