Senior Specialist Dietitian
- Post Date:19th July 2022
- Apply Before: 19th August 2022
- Views 345
HCA UK are incredibly proud to be awarded ‘Private Hospital Group of the Year ‘ 2020 at the Health Investor Awards.
Job -Senior Specialist Dietitian
Location – The London Bridge Hospital, London
Contract Type – Permanent, full time hours 37.5hrs
Salary – Competitive (dependent on skills & experience).
Other Info – We will be able to offer VISA sponsorships for candidates within the EU and outside the EU.
The senior specialist dietitian will have a leading role within our dietetic outpatient service, providing advanced dietetic care within the specialist field of gastroenterology and other general outpatient areas (including women’s health, food sensitivities and weight management etc.) Their caseload will be mixed, but with a focus on functional gut disorders and the Hydrogen Breath Testing (HBT) service. There will be opportunity to have a supportive role within the inpatient department, aiding the surgical and nutritional support teams during times of high activity or staff shortage.
This is a permanent full time post for 37.5 hours per week based at the London Bridge Hospital. This position is equivalent to a NHS band 7.
Reward & recognition – We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Requirements
- To lead gastro dedicated and general outpatient clinics teaching on a variety of dietetic therapies, including the low FODMAP diet for the management of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), coeliac disease, inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), nutritional support, weight management, polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), diabetes, and healthy heart advice.
- To have clinical responsibility for the Hydrogen Breath Test (HBT) service, which is supported by our dietetic/HBT assistants. To hold a concurrent caseload of HBT patients, leading their pre – assessments and interpreting HBT outcomes. Adequate training will be available for this specialist aspect of the role.
- To have involvement within the dietetic inpatient team, and providing clinical cover as required.
- Plan, prioritise and manage own caseloads as an independent practitioner, and contribute to hospital based multidisciplinary teams to deliver appropriate nutritional care plans for patients.
- Effectively review and monitor nutritional therapies and amend treatment plans based on the outcome of patient assessments and individual nutritional needs.
Skills & Experience
- BSc degree in dietetics or equivalent
- Registered with the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC) and British Dietetic Association (BDA)
- Experience in a clinical practice with specialist involvement in general outpatients and within the field of gastroenterology. To be proficient in teaching the low FODMAP diet in the management of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). Formal training desirable.
- Experience in a wide range of clinical areas including oral nutritional support, weight management, gastroenterology, cardio-thoracic and orthopaedics.
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate leadership and influence others to be the best they can be and inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.