Senior Specialist Dietitian
- Post Date:19th July 2022
- Apply Before: 19th August 2022
- Views 122
HCA UK are incredibly proud to be awarded ‘Private Hospital Group of the Year ‘ 2020 at the Health Investor Awards.
Job -Senior Specialist Dietitian
Location – The Princess Grace Hospital & The London Digestive Centre (LDC), London. Cross-site cover may be required on occasion
Contract Type – Permanent, full time hours 37.5hrs
Salary Range- Competitive dependent on skills & experience. This position is equivalent to a NHS band 6.
VISA – We will be able to sponsor VISA’s for candidates within the EU and outside the EU
We are looking for a Senior Specialist Dietitian to join our team at the Princess Grace Hospital to provide a high-quality specialist dietetic service for allocated inpatient and outpatient caseloads. The post will cover various clinical areas including GI Surgery (including Bariatrics), Colorectal surgery, Gastroenterology, Oral and Enteral Nutrition, Total Parental Nutrition.
The Dietetic department is supportive around new learning opportunities and CPD.
Reward & recognition – We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To manage a clinical caseload in the specialist areas of GI and Colorectal surgery, Gastroenterology and Nutrition Support
- To provide out-patient clinics in a variety of areas including Gastroenterology (e.g. IBS, IBD, Coeliac Disease, functional gut disorders), Bariatric surgery, Nutrition support as well as general nutrition advice.
- To assist in the provision of service to other clinical areas such as Renal, Diabetes, Gynae, Orthopaedic patients to help support the department and when cover is required.
- To assist and support the ongoing development of the current Dietetic service line with overall Dietetic Department service planning.
- To plan, prioritise and manage own caseload as an independent practitioner and as part of a multi disciplinary team.
- To liaise with the multidisciplinary team including consultants, nursing, catering, pharmacy, speech therapy and other health professionals with respect to provision of appropriate nutritional care for patients.
Skills & Experience
- BSc Degree in Dietetics or equivalent
- Current HCPC member
- Experience needed in TPN, Complex GI surgery including Colorectal surgery, Gastroenterology and IBD. This will often be a shared caseload with the Lead DT
- Experience in complex tube feeds
- Experience in Bariatric surgery (desirable)
- Must have experience in running out patient clinics. Training and experience in Low FODMAPS desirable, however, support and training can be provided to the right candidate
- Be open minded to the potential differences in working within a private healthcare setting ie. changing and dynamic environment and caseloads. Flexible mindset, and a great team player
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly