Senior Clinical Dietitian - Allied Health
- Post Date:30th May 2022
- Views 3042
Senior Clinical Dietitian – Allied Health
- Opportunity for an experienced Senior Dietitian to join our surgical team
- Ideal central Auckland location, permanent – 0.8FTE – 1FTE
- Work within gastrointestinal, hepato-biliary and parenteral nutrition for one of the largest public health services in New Zealand
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
At Te Toka Tumai | Auckland DHB we are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
We have an opportunity available for an enthusiastic and self-motivated NZ Registered Dietitian to positively contribute to patient care as a Senior Dietitian within our Nutritional and Dietetics Service. Based at Auckland City Hospital our dynamic team provide cover across all adult wards including renal services and outpatients. This position is permanent, part-time and sits within our surgical team of 7 Dietitians. The position is 0.8FTE with the potential for 1.0 FTE working Monday to Friday:
- Provide care for patients undergoing complex upper gastrointestinal or hepato-biliary surgery including the opportunity to be involved in parenteral nutrition whilst also supporting the management of complex patients
- Work in partnership with an individual and their whānau to provide nutrition assessment and education
- Provide clinical leadership within the service area that ensures high quality clinical and inter-professional care for patients, families and whānau
- Work with a complex caseload delivering high quality evidence based clinical care in a high paced environment
- Provide clinical teaching, support and leadership within the team for Dietitians and students
- Serve as a mentor for others supporting clinical reasoning and clinical practice
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
As the ideal person for this role you will have the following skills and attributes:
- New Zealand Registered Dietitian with a current Annual Practicing Certificate
- 6 years clinical experience with 2+ years working within a surgical environment
- Proven experience in providing clinical teaching, support and leadership
- An understanding of bicultural issues and commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi
- Ability to work collaboratively with a range of professional groups in a multidisciplinary setting
- Effective time management, flexibility, prioritisation and organisation skills
- Drive, energy and initiative with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
For more information about this role please contact Alison Missen (Clinical Dietetics Practice Supervisor) on AMissen@adhb.govt.nz or 0211950872
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
Auckland District Health Board (Auckland DHB) is one of the leading healthcare providers in New Zealand offering a wide range of tertiary and quaternary clinical services to a large and diverse population. We have state of the art facilities and provide our services from three hospitals – Auckland City Hospital, Starship Children’s Health and Greenlane Clinical Centre.
We recognise there is more to life than mahi | work, and we encourage and provide access to all our staff several services and benefits to support themselves whilst they are employed within Te Toka Tumai | Auckland DHB.
For more information on what we offer, please click here
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Advertising closes: Friday, 24th June at Time 11:59 pm (New Zealand standard time).
To apply please click here and submit your application online attaching your updated CV and Covering Letter.
If you have any queries about accessibility, or technical issues with the online process, please contact Elismha Lubbe – Recruitment Consultant at ElismhaL@adhb.govt.nz quoting ref #ADHB13843 to discuss how we can best support your application.
For the largest health sector job board in New Zealand, visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com