- Post Date:29th November 2021
- Views 1379
Editor Vacancy – BDA Manual of Dietetic Practice 7th edition
The BDA is looking for a new editor to take on this exciting project and lead on the BDA’s flagship book publication.
The Manual has been a significant feature of the BDA’s publication catalogue for many years and, naturally, the advancement of science and practice needs to be reflected in the next edition. With ongoing support from the BDA, Wiley and outgoing editor Dr Joan Gandy, the new editor will take the Manual into publication over the next few years.
The core responsibilities of the role will be to:
- prepare an outline of the scope of the book, select suitable contributors in collaboration with the BDA, fix the length and scope of each contribution and arrange for each contributor to prepare and promptly submit the contribution before the agreed date
- submit the complete book to the Publisher, including for example the title page; illustrations; preface; foreword; acknowledgements; table of contents; footnotes; references; bibliography; appendices; and any other supplementary material
- review each contribution, make or request the contributor to make any revisions as you or the BDA thinks appropriate, and reject any contribution deemed unsatisfactory
- in general, assume editorial responsibility for the preparation and timely submission to the Publisher of the complete final manuscript of the book by the due date, and
- review the proofs and reply to any copy/editing queries once the manuscript is in-house
- any other related duties to ensure the 7th edition
Prior experience of editing Journals, magazines or publications may be of assistance. A wide appreciation of the scope of dietetic practice and the changes anticipated in the coming years are desirable.
Expressions of interest are also welcome from members who may wish to share the editor role.
The editor will receive royalties/remuneration from Wiley for their contribution.
To apply, please send a CV and a covering letter (no more than two sides of A4), explaining how you feel you can deliver the core responsibilities and any prior experience to:
Andy Burman, CEO firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be submitted by Friday 28 January 2022. Interviews will take place during February 2022
For an informal discussion with Dr Gandy or Wiley about any aspects of the editor role please contact Andy Burman.
Related Jobs (6)
Clinical Lead and Specialist Dietitians on 12th May 2022
Clinical Specialist Dietitian – Haematology & Medical Oncology on 6th May 2022
Hospital Account Manager (Metabolic & Ketogenic Therapy) on 6th May 2022 Full Time