Dietitian - London
- Post Date:23rd April 2019
- Apply Before: 23rd May 2019
- Views 121
- Salary £Negotiable
Salary – negotiable depending on experience
Who we are:
Counterweight are the world leaders in evidence-based weight management. Our flagship programme, Counterweight-Plus, was the intervention used in the now famous DiRECT trial, which showed that with an intensive dietitian-led weight loss programme, combined with total diet replacement, we can achieve remission for patients living with type 2 diabetes (46% of patients achieved remission, and 86% of those who lost >15kg went into remission).
Our small but mighty team is now on a mission to bring the Counterweight-Plus programme to as many patients as possible, as quickly possible. In order to do this, we’re pursuing the ideal intersection of technology and exceptional dietitian services— supporting patients across the NHS and beyond.
The NHS has commissioned us to deliver our programme direct to patients and we are building our capacity to take patients successfully through their weight-loss journeys to remission. We are also increasing our capacity to support NHS practitioners in their delivery of Counterweight-Plus as the numbers of patients multiplies.
We believe that anyone who needs intensive dietetic support should be able to access it conveniently, quickly, and effectively. We’re saving lives, tackling a $200B industry, and over the coming months and years we’ll pursue new methods of delivery, new markets, and new products. Join us on the journey!
Counterweight are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated dietitian to provide excellent clinical service to our growing patient list.
However, you won’t be spending all of your time in a clinic. As a core member of the team, we’re looking for someone who thinks entrepreneurially and is as passionate about our mission as we are. You’ll help us to innovate and scale our service, whilst maintaining the excellent results and clinical quality for which we are known.
What you’ll be doing:
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Taking patients (NHS, research, and private) through the Counterweight programme remotely (via phone or video call)
- Helping us to shape and evolve our digital offering, providing the most important piece of the puzzle—the dietetic expertise
- Working with the team to incorporate patient feedback into each phase of the patient journey, and helping to put in place new processes which alleviate patient pain points
Who we’re looking for:
- Dietitian with a Registered with the BDA and HCPA to practice in the UK
- Must be passionate about our vision and mission
- Demonstrate excellent communication (including motivational interviewing techniques ) and organisational skills across all levels of the business
- Experience and passion for working in adult weight management
- Experience in the dietetic management of diabetes
- Interested in use of formula foods in weight management and treatment of diabetes
What we can offer:
- An equitable salary based on your experience level
- Workspace in White City, plus all the technology you need to make your job easier
- The chance to work with an experienced team that’s growing quickly, and the potential to manage your own direct reports in the future
- The flexibility to attend conferences, training, etc. relevant to your professional development
- A world-class, super awesome, very humble 😉 team with big dreams
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV as well as a few sentences outlining your interest in Counterweight.
I think this sentence is more about our aspirations and what might go in an investor deck, than what might appeal to a 2-years in Dietitian?
They should be interested in taking patients through our programme and working with the experienced dieticians who developed the programme to drive continuous improvement in outcomes.