- Post Date:19th November 2021
- Apply Before: 3rd December 2021
- Views 131
- Offered Salary £30,000 +Salary £31,834
The Dietitian will help deliver the charity’s nutrition service, working closely with the Senior Dietitian. The main aim of this service is to provide reliable and helpful information about vegan health and nutrition to the general public, the vegan community, caterers and health and nutrition professionals. The Dietitian will also support our campaigns and policy work by providing evidence-based content about vegan diets.
As Dietitian you will:
- Research the evidence base around various health and nutrition topics
- Respond to health and nutrition enquiries via email, letter or telephone
- Develop and review predominantly online health and nutrition resources
- Work with our Vegan Rights Advocate to help address issues relating to health and nutrition
- Act as a media spokesperson for veganism with a focus on nutrition, including participating in interviews, providing quotes and writing articles
- Attend events and public speaking engagements to teach about veganism and vegan diets
- Support the Campaigns, Policy and Research Department to develop health-related policies and campaigns that support transitions to vegan diets
- Support the Communications and Business Development Departments with other work relating to health and nutrition
- Participate in relevant external projects, supporting other professionals and services
- Attend health, nutrition and catering events and network with other professionals
- Supervise nutrition volunteers and students
- Proactively seek opportunities to raise the profile of healthful vegan living
To be considered as our Dietitian you must have:
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) registration
- Experience of working as a dietitian after registration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to research evidence base around health and nutrition topics
- Computer literate with experience of using social media and strong skills around the use of Microsoft Office (including Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Ability to work successfully to targets, delivering objectives and desired outcomes
- Knowledge of vegan diets and the wider aspects of veganism
- Professional and responsible approach, working in line with the HCPC’s standards
- This can be a remote working position. However, the successful candidate must be willing to travel to our head office in Birmingham on an ad hoc basis.
The Vegan Society as an organisation values equality, diversity, and inclusion. We want to be an organisation that tackles any structural discrimination or prejudice. We are actively trying to increase diversity in our organisation and encourage applications from all sections of the community. We will offer an automatic interview to all candidates who meet our essential criteria and who identify as from an under-represented race or ethnicity or as deaf, neurodiverse, or living with disability.
Salary and Hours
This is a temporary (37.5 hours per week) role for a period for 12 months, with a salary of £31,834 per annum.