- Post Date:23rd August 2019
- Views 128
- Salary £16,510 per annum (FTE £27,517), part time (22.5hr), permanent
Job title: Dietician
- PURPOSE OF JOB:
- To work as an autonomous practitioner to provide expert nutrition advice to young people including advocating to other professionals
- To design and deliver nutrition programmes to improve or maintain the health of vulnerable young people.
- To raise awareness of health issues and to improve access to health services for vulnerable young people by working in partnership with community health professionals.
- To make referrals both internally and externally to clinical and non clinical services to ensure that young people with nutritional deficiencies and poor eating habits receive appropriate support and treatment
- DIRECTLY REPORTS TO:
- Health & Wellbeing Programme Manager
- RESPONSIBLE FOR THE MANAGEMENT OF:
- Up to 2 placement students
- Up to 4 volunteers
- Up to 3 Service Level Agreements
- KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- To carry a minimum of ten 1:1 cases of clients in consultation with the Health and Wellbeing Programme Manager, in accordance with quality standards, working practices and priorities.
- To gather relevant medical, pharmacological, social and nutritional information from young people in order to assess and plan safe and effective dietetic interventions
- To ensure work is in line with Health and Wellbeing Team objectives, national dietetic standards and the Health Professions Council.
- To act as an advocate and link to community services for vulnerable young people with long term health conditions, brokering access to outside agencies and developing service level agreements where possible.
- To convey complex dietary information in an understandable format to young people with health conditions where adherence is essential.
- To work collaboratively with team members, providing theoretical and practical training across the organisation.
- To participate in case reviews and multidisciplinary meetings, this involves advising on nutrition-related issues where there may be conflicting ideas from the multidisciplinary team.
- To carry out and take part in performance appraisals, including agreeing a professional development plan and identifying training needs.
- To take part in the planning, supervision and implementation of placements for student dietitians (The team has dietetic students for 6 weeks a year)
- To carry out clinical Dietetic audit projects and participate in the production and updating of dietetic resources in line with current research.
- To work in an environment that has unpredictable interruptions and can be chaotic at times.
- To work within the Health Professions Council code of conduct for dietitians.
- To work collaboratively with other team members and external partners in the design, delivery and implementation of health and wellbeing programmes.
- To liaise, negotiate and draw up SLAs on behalf of young people with outside agencies and service providers to ensure they receive an appropriate and timely service.
- To maintain accurate and up-to-date office records in relation to case files on all young people, adhering to data protection and sharing information procedures when working within an integrated framework.
- To ensure all monitoring and evaluation requirements of both the funders and organisation are delivered at a high standard and on time.
- To ensure that health improvement programmes adopted by Centrepoint reflects the views and opinions of young people and that where possible young people are able to influence the way the Health and Wellbeing team work.
Detailed below are the type of skills, experience and knowledge that are required of applicants applying for the post. The Essential Requirements indicate the minimum requirements, and applicants lacking these attributes will not be considered for the post.
The points detailed under Desirable Requirements are additional attributes to enable the applicant to perform the position more effectively or with little or no training. They are not essential, but may be used to distinguish between acceptable candidates.
|Education and Qualifications|
|BSc in Nutrition and Dietetics or a related Science degree with a postgraduate diploma in Dietetics||Yes||AF/DC|
|Current Registration with the Heath and Care Professions Council (HCPC)||Yes||AF/DC|
|Member of the British Dietetics Association||Yes||AF/DC|
|Knowledge and Experience|
|Experience of managing a caseload underpinned by a client-centred approach, working on a one to one basis, outreach in the community and through group facilitation||Yes||AF/I|
|Experience in assessing medical, pharmacological, social and nutritional information to plan safe and effective dietetic interventions.||Yes||AF/C/I|
|Experience in providing sound advice on healthy eating habits and evaluate dietary treatment of disease.||Yes||AF/I|
|Experience in educating and engaging clients into the necessary dietary and physical changes to manage health conditions.||Yes||AF/I|
|Understanding of the challenges faced by vulnerable young people, with additional support needs such as substance misuse and mental health issues.||Yes||AF/I|
|Experience in advocating for clients with other professionals.||Yes||AF|
|Knowledge of health services available in the voluntary and statutory sector.||Yes||AF|
|Experience in designing and delivering interactive group activities.||Yes|
|Knowledge of monitoring work and the importance of keeping accurate client records and of evidencing outcomes.||Yes|
|Skills and Abilities|
|Ability to manage your own time and plan your work load to meet deadlines and commitments to young people and others.||Yes||AF/I|
|Willing and able to recognise own learning and development needs, and work to meet them, accepting advice, direction and guidance.||Yes||AF/I|
|Good verbal and written communication skills; to the level required to explain complex information to young people, and advocate on their behalf to external organisations.||Yes||AF/I|
|Able to manage confidentiality||Yes||AF/I|
Key: AF = Application form. I = Interview. R = Reference. T = Test. C = Certificate. DC = Document checks.
Related Jobs (1)
Sales and Marketing Assistant Manager on 13th February 2020