- Post Date:19th June 2020
- Apply Before: 24th July 2020
- Views 353
- Epsom & St Helier University Hospital, Wrythe Lane, Sutton, Carshalton, Greater London, United Kingdom
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
- Our purpose:our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
- We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
- Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
£38,000 – £40,000 (dependant on experience)
Job objectives and responsibilities
- To work as a member of the healthcare patient catering team, providing nutrition and dietetic expertise to the onsite team.
- To act as a source of expertise and specialist advice for others e.g. front-line staff, catering managers, supervisors, contract managers. • To work with key Mitie and Trust stakeholders to ensure our service provides food that meets national standards and encompasses all reasonable Therapeutic, Cultural, Religious and Lifestyle requirements of the patient population.
- To lead on menu reviews, ensuring menus meet nutritional BDA targets, correctly coded and allergen information available.
- To lead on development of menus with the Trust.
- To represent Mitie at Trust Nutrition and Catering meetings.
- Work with the Trust Clinical Teams (Dietetics, Nursing, SALT) to improve patient nutritional outcomes and experience.
- To keep up to date with all relevant nutrition-related standards that impact patient care within the hospital setting, including (but not limited to) those set by the Care Quality Commission, British Dietetic Association, Hospital Catering Association, Dept. Of Health.
- Initiate, plan and deliver training in nutrition, catering and food service provision to Mitie staff such as Ward Hosts/Housekeepers, Back of House teams, Diet Chefs and Supervisors.
- Adhere to the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) Standards of Proficiency and maintain current professional registration.
- Ensure delivery of services in line with contractual requirements
- To review and update menus in accordance with the contract
- Follows the Company’s QHSE procedures within the course of the role and actively ensures that the Site Teams are preforming their duties within the guidelines always
- Ensures that all colleagues are trained in accordance with clients and companies requirements meeting both hard & soft needs.
- Assists with the dietetic training modules to include refresher training & ad hoc training.
- Assesses the data in relation to all special diets to trend the volumes consumed.
- Supports the team with IDDSI compliance
- Reviews and refreshes dietetic procedures in line with key stakeholders within the organisation.
- Meets on a regular basis with the lead Trust dietitian
- Communicates in an engaging way, ensuring inspiring and motivating messages are conveyed across all teams.
- Utilises the internal HR systems, people support services and guidance to promote best practice and enable their people management accountabilities.
- Coaches & develops their teams to be the best they can be at work enabling them to achieve their full potential.
- Brings to life the Mitie values daily ensuring they & their teams demonstrate the exceptional every day.
- BSc/MSc in Nutrition & Dietetics or a post graduate qualification
- Qualification in area of specialisation or evidence of significant experience
- Current and up to date Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) registration
- Evidence of ongoing CPD particularly in the field of clinical and catering nutrition
- Catering experience of working with catering managers, food service staff where tasks may have included: menu planning, menu analysis, delivery of special diet training
- Able to demonstrate working as an autonomous dietetic practitioner
- Clinical audits – evidence of developing, participating in, analysing, completing reports and disseminating findings
- Registered and possess full membership status at the British Dietetic Association (BDA), BDA Food Services Specialist Group (FSSG)
- Has a strong standard of both literacy and numeracy skills
- Possess an intermediate knowledge level of all Microsoft office packages. Fully competent in the use of PCs and other types of technology
- Has developed excellent written, verbal communication and negotiation skills to support them in their role.
- Fully capable of understanding and maintaining the confidentiality across the site and respecting the needs of all stakeholders.
- Strong working knowledge of food safety, preferably certified, including full understanding of HACCP
- Works well under pressure to meet the challenging deadlines for both operational and people aspects of their roles.
- Can effectively plan and manage own workloads, however, understands when to ask for support when needed.
- A team player with the ability to lead by example through operational excellence, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact at all levels.
- Demonstrates forward thinking/planning, with a positive ‘can do’ attitude and can flex their style to meet the needs of the business
- Represents Mitie and the client always in a professional, courteous and confident manner.
Health and Safety responsibilities
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie’s information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.