Dietitian - Digital Weight Management Coach
- Post Date:8th July 2021
- Views 1138
Dietitian – Digital Weight Management Coach
Job title: Dietitian-Digital Weight Management Coach
Location: Home based
Hours: Full and part-time positions available. Evening and/or weekend work will be required.
Contract: Flexible (fixed term, permanent or self-employed).
Reporting To: Dietetic Clinical Lead
MoreLife have been commissioned to provide a digital weight management service to those with a BMI ≥ 30kg/m² (adjusted to 27.5kg/m² in people of black African, African-Caribbean and Asian origin) with a current diagnosis of diabetes and/or hypertension.
Purpose of job
To provide telephone support and coaching to those engaged in the digital weight management programme.
- Engage in telephone support for clients to enable them to lose weight in an effective and sustainable way. Delivery should account for 80% of a practitioner’s time.
- To provide education on the dietetic elements of the weight management programme clearly and in a way that is tailored to the individuals need.
- To be able to adjust the approach and advice given depending on an individual’s circumstance including the gender, culture, age, ethnicity and socio-economic status.
- Use psychological coaching strategies, including solution-focussed and motivational interviewing skills to negotiate change to overcome barriers to achieve required weight loss.
- Support and encourage adults to set realistic goals in terms of changing behaviour and achieving positive healthy outcomes.
- Be sensitive and supportive to the psychological and physiological needs of participants, and signpost additional support where appropriate.
- Regularly evaluate the success of the programmes and provide feedback to ensure continuous improvement in terms of outcomes.
- Adhere to local and national safeguarding procedures.
- Undertake timely and accurate computerised collection of data on patient referrals, contacts and outcomes. Ensuring all data is updated within 48 hours of a contact.
- Ensure all recording systems are up-to-date and provide reports, interpreting and analysing the information in a clear and concise manner.
- Be committed to active engagement with/working within the community and need to understand the issues that impact on those living and working in the community.
- As and when required, support the administration process of engaging clients onto programmes. For example, answering calls, sending out communications, telephoning clients.
- To positively promote access to the MoreLife offer and the aims and objectives of the MoreLife service.
- To record, monitor and, with the Programme Manager of the service, actively improve on KPIs.
- To keep accurate records of work.
- To attend team meetings and contribute to the performance improvement process and other meetings as requested and appropriate. This includes attending monthly 1:1 meetings with the Dietetic Lead, clinical supervision and team meetings.
- Performance Targets – understand own contribution to agreed performance targets in line with KPI’s.
- KPI’s – individual achievement against contractual KPI’s
- To manage and organise own time and activities responding effectively and in a timely manner to all work.
- To take an active part in developing own knowledge and skills and seek advice and support as and when necessary.
- Adhere to organisational policies and procedures.
- Any other task commensurate with the role as required.
- Discuss any clinical and safeguarding issues arising and support required
Skills and Knowledge
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Organisation, time management and planning skills
- Attention to detail
- Financial acumen and numeracy skills
- IT skills and a knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes
- A passion to strive for continual improvement and a commitment to delivering a quality service.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- A knowledge of obesity and effective healthy living interventions.
Fitness to Practice
Practitioners have a responsibility to monitor and maintain their fitness to practice at a level that enables them to provide an effective service. If their effectiveness becomes impaired for any reason, including health or personal circumstances, they should seek the advice of their supervisor, experienced colleagues or line manager and, if necessary, withdraw from practice.
Health and safety:
To maintain a positive attitude to health and safety in carrying out the duties of the post with special emphasis on the environment and safety of the individuals in your care.
There is a no smoking and drinking of alcohol policy in force for the duration of the program.
Post holders must at all times carry out their responsibilities with due regard to the Company’s equal opportunities policy.
The post holder will also need to be aware of and committed to the vision, policies and practices of the organisation by which they are employed.
|QUALIFICATIONS||Relevant qualification in dietetics and registration with the HCPC as a dietitian.||Certification in coaching or psychological approach e.g. Motivational Interviewing||Application.|
|EXPERIENCE||Experience of working with adults to change behaviours in order to improve health outcomes.
Experience in tailoring interventions to meet the needs of difference communities.
|Experience of providing sessions via telephone or digitally.
Experience working in a weight management service.
Experience delivering brief interventions.
|SPECIAL ATTRIBUTES||· A passion and enthusiasm for supporting individuals to achieve weight loss and a healthier lifestyle.
· Self-motivated and a natural leader.
· Coaching skills
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build trusting relationships with the individuals.
· A caring and empathetic attitude.
· Ability to use initiative.
· Be able to work under pressure and meet targets.
· Strong organisational skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Accurate and timely record keeping
· UK Based